Similar Symptoms In Fibromyalgia and Candidiasis
Some experts believe that chronic candidiasis or chronic yeast infection can cause pain and symptoms similar to fibromyalgia such as:
- brain fog
- pain in the eye, blur vision, light sensitivity
- muscle weakness and spasm
- depression, anxiety
The Link Between Fibromyalgia and Candidiasis
There is no scientific evidence to suggest that yeast infection is the root cause of fibromyalgia. However, there has been a clear link between fibromyalgia and yeast infection. Experts believe that fibro patients are more likely to suffer from yeast infections which worsens fibromyalgia symptoms.
The possible explanations on the link between the two is that:
- fibro patients have weak immune systems, therefore, their body is less capable of preventing the overgrowth of yeast.
- most fibromyalgia patients tend to over consume sugar and carbohydrates to increase their energy levels. A diet high in sugar and carbohydrates can also lead to overgrowth of yeast.
- The use of certain medications such as antibiotics and corticosteroids can upset the balance of gut bacteria that can lead to the growth of yeast and thus, will lead to more infections.