Symptoms of Fibromyalgia Morning Stiffness
There are various symptoms that come with morning stiffness. Some of these are:
- Tightness of the muscles after waking up.
- Tightness of the muscles after a long period of resting.
- Aching and throbbing muscle pain, including the legs, arms, hands, feet, etc.
- Inability to extend some joints and having a limited range of motion.
- Stiffness in the back, head and neck.
What Triggers Fibromyalgia Morning Stiffness
No one really knows the real cause behind fibromyalgia muscle stiffness. And as you know, fibromyalgia remains a mystery to many.
Usually, morning stiffness is a result of inflammatory arthritis which is somewhat similar to rheumatoid arthritis. It can also last up to a day. Fibromyalgia, on the other hand, is not a type of inflammatory arthritis. Therefore, it should not produce the kind of muscle soreness and stiffness that it normally would.
There are several theories that exist as to why fibromyalgia patients have morning stiffness. Similar to inflammatory arthritis, the stiffness can be due to the following:
- Lack of activity or exercise.
- Accumulation of fluid around the joints.
- Overuse of certain muscles.
- Stress due to the improper movement of the limbs.