How to Treat and Prevent Burning Sensations in Fibromyalgia?
Here are some of the things that can help fibro sufferers ease the burning sensations:
- Massage therapy – one of the challenges that a fibro patient face is the inability to relax the muscles. Your muscles can get tensed even without you noticing. This leads to the buildup of lactic acid that could trigger burning sensation. Therefore, getting a massage done by a professional therapist can somehow help to ease the pain.
- Cortisone shots – this can be administered by a doctor. However, this can only provide a temporary relief. Also, it may not be applicable to all cases of burning sensations.
- Heat therapy – some fibro patients have reported that heat therapy options like electric blankets and hot tub can provide great relief.
- Supplements – even though the main reason behind the burning feeling is still unknown, one possible cause could be nutrition deficiencies. As such, taking supplements can somehow help to relieve you of the burning sensation.
- Antihistamines – some antihistamine medications have been proven to be effective in treating burning pain among fibromyalgia patients.
- Minimizing stress – we all know that stress do no good in our bodies. Looking for ways to relieve stress can somehow help to treat your fibromyalgia symptoms including burning sensation.
Whatever reason is behind your burning sensation, it’s important that you discuss this with your doctor. This is especially important if the pain has become unbearable.